




Read moreShow less
In the 9th century, a chapel was built on a motte castrale, which was replaced by a church in the 11th century. It was then fortified until the 17th century. The bell tower was thus transformed into a hoarding. In 1649, Monsieur de Pompadour, the King's Lieutenant in Limousin, ordered the destruction of the fortifications to punish the Seigneur de Chéronnac, one of the heroes of the Fronde. The church door features an attractive 13th-century lock. The building is also home to a 15th-century...