Chapelle Saint-Aurélien

  • Historic site and monument
  • Chapel
Rue de la Boucherie, 87000 Limoges
It was built in 1471 in the heart of the Boucherie district to house the relics of the patron saint of butchers and second bishop of Limoges: Saint Aurelian. Enlarged in the 17th century, it features a bulbous chestnut-shingled bell tower. Purchased in joint ownership by the butchers during the French Revolution, this private chapel contains a wealth of religious furnishings from all periods, testifying to the guild's faith in their saint. Listed in the Monuments Historiques inventory.

Accepted customers

Accepted customers
  • Individuals
  • Groups

Location

Location

Chapelle Saint-Aurélien
Rue de la Boucherie, 87000 Limoges

Environment

Environment
  • In the town centre
Report mistake
Close
Page suggestions
Filter search
Filter search
  • Espace tourisme
  • Espace pro / presse
Page types
  • All
  • Articles
  • Agenda
  • Lists
Aucun résultat